PrePaid: Combo Plans Frequently Asked Questions
PrePaid Combo Plans
- What are the New Prepaid Combo plans?
- What is included in the Prepaid Combo Plans?
- What are the plan details & what do they cost?
- How do I purchase the prepaid combo plans?
- How can I check my balances?
- How does data rollover work?
- How does auto-renew work?
- Can I buy additional data if my data allotment runs out before the expiry of the Combo plan?
- Will I be notified if my data allotment is about to run out?
- What happens if I go beyond the included minutes and beyond the Fair Use Policy?
- Can I use WhatsApp even if I have used up the whole data allotment?
- Can the included minutes, text & data be used while travelling (roaming)?
- What if I'm a postpaid customer?
Q: What are the New Prepaid Combo plans?A:
They are completely new prepaid plans from BTC. All BTC prepaid customers can now purchase plans that include a large amount of data, unlimited BTC to BTC calls, international calls, unlimited WhatsApp usage (calls, video, pictures, text) and unlimited texts
Q: What is included in the Prepaid Combo Plans?A:
All plans include the following (amount of data & international minutes depend on size of plan purchased:
- Data allotment: Bundled data (MB/GB) for any data use (apps, browsing etc)
- Unlimited voice calls : Calls to BTC mobiles and calls to BTC fixed phones. Incoming calls from BTC fixed network is also included. Fair Use Policy (FUP) applies.
- Unlimited text messaging (SMS): Text messages to BTC mobiles. Fair Use Policy (FUP) applies.
- Unlimited Free WhatsApp use: WhatsApp use (calls, texts, videos, pictures) is not counted towards the data allotment. Fair Use Policy (FUP) applies.
- International calls: Calls to United States & Canada (to standard mobile & fixed numbers)
- The $9.99 and $29.99 plans have data rollover and auto-renew
Q: What are the plan details & what do they cost?A:
Q: How do I purchase the prepaid combo plans?A:
Prepaid customers can purchase one of the combo plans via USSD menu.
- Dial *200#, select option 3 and selection plan OR
- Dial *203#, and select plan
Q: How can I check my balances?A:
All balances can be checked using the USSD menu. Check your prepaid combo plan balance.
Dial *201# and select option 4
Q: How does data rollover work?A:
Data rollover is included in the $9.99 and $29.99 plans. Unused data allotment rolls over when:
- The plan is automatically renewed (see auto-renew)
- A new plan (same size or larger) is purchased before the expiration of the plan.
- Only unused data allotment rolls over. Unused minutes, texts and WhatsApp usage does not rollover. Rolled over data will be available in the new plan, and will be utilized when the data allotment in the new plan is exhausted. (new data allotment will be used first, then the rolled over data). Rolled over data will have the same expiration as the new plan. Data rollover does not apply when the Combo Plan has expired.
Q: How does auto-renew work?A:
The $9.99 & $29.99 plans have auto-renew functionality, so that the plan automatically renews at the end of the plan and unused data allotment rolls over to the new plan.
- At the end of the plan, the system checks if there is sufficient credit on the customers account. If there is sufficient credit, the plan will renew and the account debited.
- Customers can at any time opt out of this functionality by using the USSD command *203#, select option 4, select 1 to disable auto renew
- Auto-renew reminders will be sent with SMS 48 hours before expiry and 24 hours before expiry. These reminders also have opt-out instructions
- If there is not sufficient funds in the account, the auto renew will fail and the unused data allotment will forfeited.
Q: Can I buy additional data if my data allotment runs out before the expiry of the Combo plan?A:
Yes. Customers can buy standalone data plans in addition to the Combo plan if needed. The expiration of the additional data allotment is the expiry of the standalone data plan. Unused data of the additional plan does not roll over.
Q: Will I be notified if my data allotment is about to run out?A:
Yes, a text notification will be sent at 75% and 100% of used data allotment.
Q: What happens if I go beyond the included minutes and beyond the Fair Use Policy?A:
Local minutes and international minutes will be charged at standard rates. WhatsApp usage beyond the Fair Use Policy will consume the data allotment in the plan.
Q: Can I use WhatsApp even if I have used up the whole data allotment?A:
Yes, up to the Fair Use Policy.
Q: Can the included minutes, text & data be used while travelling (roaming)?A:
No, the Combo plans are for local use only. Roaming Rates apply while travelling.
Q: What if I'm a postpaid customer?A:
This promotion is only for prepaid customers. Postpaid customers have competitive plans to choose from, and will also be seeing improvements in the near future.