What do I have to do in order move my number?
Follow these steps to ensure that you can move your number to another company.
- Go to the retail shop or authorised dealer of your chosen new service provider to request a new telephone service and tell them that you would like to keep your number. (Please note that porting can only be undertaken by visiting the retail shop or authorised dealer of your chosen new service provider and is not available by telephone or online).
- The staff will ask you to complete an application form together with a “Porting Request Form.”
- You will be asked to provide:
- Proof of identity – either a passport, voter’s card of driving licence;
- A copy of a recent fixed telephone bill from your current service provider – the name on the recent bill must match the name on the corresponding photographic identity document used to authorise the porting request;
- The working phone with the number you wish to keep.
- You will be asked to make a call from your phone to the special porting number “+1 242-300-PORT” or “+1 242-300-7678”.
- You will receive an email or text confirming that your request has been received.
- Provided you number is not barred or suspended due to to non-payment, your order will be processed and you will be informed of its progress by email or text.
- Under normal circumstances, your porting will be completed by the fifth working day after you complete your request (excluding weekends and bank holidays). At that time your number will have been moved to your new service provider and your existing service provider’s line will stop working. During busy periods the port may take longer to complete.
- When this happens, you will receive an email or text advising you that your porting has been completed.
- The process is complete.
How satisfied were you with this article?
How can we improve?
Thank you for your feedback!