Before you purchase a mobile phone, consider this...
BTC wants you to make smart choices when purchasing a mobile phone. While you do not have to purchase your phone directly from BTC, you should ensure that you ask these questions to ensure your mobile phone is configured for the BTC network:
Ask these questions before purchasing your Mobile Phone:
- Has this device been tested by BTC on its Network to ensure that it is configured for optimal use on the network?
- Am I sure that this device is not a refurbished phone?
- Am I buying this phone from a qualified and authorized retailer of this device?
- Was this device ever locked to another carrier?
- Does this phone come with a warranty?
- Is my phone capable of running on the BTC Network - use the checklist below to verify (all questions must be answered with 'YES' to determine capability):
- YES - For voice calls Does this device work on a network set up for GSM 850 and 1900 MHz frequency. Devices made for the Sprint and Verizon networks, for example use CDMA technology and not GSM technology. These devices will NOT work properly on BTC's Network
- YES - For data/internet, does this smartphone work with a HSPA+ 850MHz technology for high speed data? If it does not, you will not be able to enjoy 4G data speeds.
BTC WANTS ITS CUSTOMERS TO HAVE THE BEST EXPERIENCE WHILE USING THE BTC MOBILE NETWORK. WHILE YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURCHASE YOUR DEVICE FROM BTC, YOU SHOULD ENSURE THAT YOU PURCHASE YOUR MOBILE PHONE EITHER FROM BTC OR A REPUTABLE AND ESTABLISHED RETAILER TO ENSURE YOU GET THE BEST VOICE QUALITY AND DATA SERVICE.
Did You Know:
Some mobile phone vendors sell phones that are "Refurbished" as if they are "Brand New". Refurbished phones have had previous owners and can be faulty and defective. BTC only sells brand new phones from factory authorized vendors.
Many persons perform unauthorized unlocking of devices tied to other phone carriers. This is called "jail breaking" a phone. Often jail broken phones have been configured for other networks and do not work properly or fully on BTC's network, resulting in poor call quality, and slow data connections.
The majority of calls that come through the BTC Call Centre for mobile phone issues are related to phones that are not purchased from an approved BTC vendor or BTC.
Smartphones are normally preset to specific networks and tested by the carriers which sell them. This is why it important to only purchase devices that have been configured for use the BTC network.
Only phones that are tested on the BTC Network can be properly and fully provisioned by BTC. BTC cannot guarantee service quality for devices not tested by BTC on its network.
BTC phones are sold with warranties of 6 months.
2" disabled="disabled" />