Additional Information Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Fair Usage Policy and how does it affect me?
- How do I use Call Waiting on my Landline?
- How do I use Call Forwarding?
- Will BTC notify me when I am about to exceed my bundle?
- Are incoming calls from a BTC or international mobile and a local or international landline free for the HomePhone Plus subscriber?
- If a call is made from the HomePhone Plus landline to a BTC mobile, will I incur charges and will the BTC mobile subscriber incur charges as well?
- Will any unused minutes rollover?
- Is there a limit to the number of minutes that are available with the Unlimited Nights & Weekends and the Unlimited Anytime packages?
- What are the Long Distance Calling Rates
- What are the overage rates?
Q: What is Fair Usage Policy and how does it affect me?A:
Fair Usage Policy (FUP) is used around the world when offering unlimited packages. This protects the operator from customers who will abuse the service, normally “sharks” who use this service as a means to “bypass” traffic or creating public calling services where they will charge customer to make cheap calls. When customers exceed the FUP, normally an out of plan rate will then be charged for all minutes used over the FUP. BTC’s FUP is comparable to other operators worldwide, with a 3000 minute cap.
Q: How do I use Call Waiting on my Landline?A:
If you have an incoming call while you are on the line, the Call Waiting feature will alert you. You may then put the first call on hold, while you answer your second call. It will greatly reduce missed calls due to a busy phone.
1. When a second call is received, you will hear a beep on the line.
2. To speak to the second caller, simply press the flash button for approximately on second. The second call will then come on the line.
3. When you have finished speaking to the second caller, simply press the flash button and you will be reconnected to the first caller.
4. You can alternate between calls by pressing the flash button each time.
Q: How do I use Call Forwarding?A:
This feature means your phone can transfer incoming calls to another number of your choice. Call forwarding is great for the business person who wants to catch the after hours business calls at home or for anyone who does not want to miss an important call.
To Forward Calls
1.Lift handset and listen for dial tone
2.Dial 72# with a touch tone set. If you have a rotary phone, dial 72 and wait 10 seconds for a special dial tone.
3. Dial the telephone number to which calls are to be forwarded.
4. When someone answers at the number you are forwarding your calls to, call forwarding is working.
If called party is busy or does not answer, depress the flash button momentarily and listen for dial tone.
Redial telephone number as indicated in steps 2 and 3, listen for 2 beeps then hang up. Call forwarding is established even if you receive no answer. If you dial a wrong number, depress the flash button momentarily and listen for a for dial tone. Redial telephone number as indicated above.
Q: Will BTC notify me when I am about to exceed my bundle?A:
For now BTC does not have an automated notification service. BTC is however in the process of negotiating with our vendors to have this service installed. BTC will advise customers just as soon as we have implemented the service commercially.
Q: Are incoming calls from a BTC or international mobile and a local or international landline free for the HomePhone Plus subscriber?A:
Yes, as is presently the case with your basic landline service.
Q: If a call is made from the HomePhone Plus landline to a BTC mobile, will I incur charges and will the BTC mobile subscriber incur charges as well?A:
The HomePhone Plus landline subscriber will not incur charges, however the BTC mobile subscriber will incur regular airtime charges as they presently do now.
Q: Will any unused minutes rollover?A:
Due to the Fair Usage Policy unused minutes will not be allowed to roll over.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of minutes that are available with the Unlimited Nights & Weekends and the Unlimited Anytime packages?A:
Yes. As a part of the fair usage policy, unlimited packages are capped at 1500 minutes per month.
Q: What are the Long Distance Calling RatesA:
The Landline Long Distance Calling rates for customers without a HomePhone Plus plan are listed below:
- Anguilla $0.66
- Aruba $0.66
- Barbados $0.66
- Bermuda $0.66
- British Virgin Isl. $0.66
- Cayman Island $0.66
- Dominica $0.66
- Dominican Republic $0.66
- Grenada $0.66
- Haiti $0.66
- Jamaica $0.66
- Montserrat $0.66
- Netherlands Antilles $0.66
- Puerto Rico $0.66
- St. Kitts / Nevis $0.66
- St. Maarten $0.66
- St. Lucia $0.66
- St. Vincent / Grenadines $0.66
- Trinidad & Tobago $0.66
- Turks and Caicos $0.66
- U.S. Virgin Islands $0.66
MOST VISITED INTERNATIONAL COUNTRIES
- United States $0.47
- Canada $0.50
- Cuba & Guantanamo $0.85
* Pricing is subject to change. $0.85
Q: What are the overage rates?A:
Overage Rate includes Free landline calls, $0.05 per minute local mobile calls, $0.18 per minute. DLD local fixed/mobile calls. Charges apply based on destination for ILD calls to USA, UK and Canada. Features are not included. FUP 3000 minutes.